Skip to main content
On Call 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
What to do After Flooding
- If the water damage is caused by a burst or ruptured pipe, make sure to turn the water off at the nearest pipe.
- Unplug all electronics from outlets in the damaged area. If needed, turn of breakers first.
- Remove lamps, and table top items, wipe water from wood furniture
- Relocate wet upholstery to a “propped up” position, away from the affected area
- Use wooden blocks, or aluminum foil to separate furniture from wet carpeting
- Relocate valuable items such as art to a dry location, away from the damaged area
- Remove loose items from wet carpet or flooring
What NOT to do After Flooding
- Do NOT attempt to remove carpet that was professionally installed, or has been tacked down.
- Do NOT leave wet fabrics in affected area.
- Do NOT leave books, magazines, or other colored items which may bleed color on wet surfaces
- Do NOT use a normal household vacuum to remove excess water
- Do NOT use electrical items, such as television, vacuum, or other household appliances
- Do NOT turn on or use any ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. If the ceiling shows water damage, avoid rooms where there is damage is present.
Give us a call at (817) 829-6628 and see how we can take care of your water damage emergency needs!